Suspected goblin terrorises Gwake School

Two Nations Correspondent

GWANDA – Children are abandoning school at Gwake Primary in Gwanda North in large numbers allegedly because they see a goblin that attacks and sucks blood out of them.

Gwake School Development Committee (SDC) Chairman, Biafa Mathe said it’s been three weeks since the goblin started its reign of terror forcing many parents to withdraw their children.

Parents are desperate and appealing to traditional healers or churches that deal with such happenings to help the school. On Thursday pastors and traditional healers converged at the school for a cleansing ceremony, Two Nations was told.

Mat South Provincial Education Director (PED) Beatrice Manjere said she is not aware of the matter.

Several villagers who spoke to Two Nations said they initially thought that children were faking the stories but later realised that their stories are consistent and those attacked become weak showing that blood was sucked out of their system.

Gwake is a school which is almost 30km from Gwanda town and it has enrolment of just over 200 pupils. So far six girls were reportedly attacked.

Headman Mhlanga born Bigboy Mhlanga of Ward 6 in Gwake also confirmed the terror to Two Nations. 

He said that the children said that they see a fiery old woman with sharp teeth oozing blood and that sight causes them to collapse and become weak. The goblin which allegedly sometimes carries a knife is first seen at the blackboard, said the children

 “I believe this goblin sucks blood from children as they become very weak after being attacked, girls are the main targets and they say this happens when they see this fiery granny with sharp teeth and she at times carries a knife,” said Mhlanga.

 Ntombizodwa Ndlovu said she was shocked when she received a call from school authorities informing her that her grandchild had collapsed at the school.

 “I found her covered by a blanket. She was drooling and had turned pale. We took her to a traditional healer and she regained consciousness after about two hours,” said Ndlovu.

 “We initially did not believe the children but this thing is now getting out of hand. We don’t know what to do. We are appealing to those who can help to come forward and assist us so that children can go back to school,” said Maritha Sibanda.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *